August Recap

So long August, and hello September! I could not be happier to think of fall weather ahead. This summer was brutal, and while Chicago will still throw some hot temps at us yet, I feel like there is hope ahead. 

My total mileage for August was 145 miles! This has been the highest mileage month of the year so far. 

July: 120
June: 83
May: 66
April: 109
March: 121
February: 96
January: 65

Looking back at August, I feel like I gained a tremendous amount of fitness and I feel more prepared for the marathon than I did in July. August brought the beginning of strength workouts which I enjoy far more than speed workouts, and the first two 16 mile long runs. I both physically and mentally feel strong and right on track to where I should be this close to the marathon. 

With two new donations last week, I reached the next fundraising level for Team PAWS which is far beyond what I ever expected to raise. I am so excited to wear my team singlet in just a few weeks! 

Here are a few of my favorite moments of August:

Camping in Michigan
Running in a storm
First 16 mile long run of the plan
First strength run
I only have 3 weeks of high training left before I start to taper for the marathon. Any time I feel tired or want to skip a run, I remind myself that I am almost to the finish line...literally, and I know I have the energy to push through 3 more weeks. I know how strong I feel now and that I can ride this through to the end.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Running 2016

McMillan Running 50k Plan Review

I Will Always Have Running