One Month Post Marathon and October Recap

Today was an exciting day, watching all the New York Marathon finishers and remembering what it felt like a month ago to cross the finish line of the Chicago Marathon. This week marked the last week of my so-called recovery break and I have to say, I really enjoyed having some time off from training. It felt good to run whatever distance I felt like on a particular day, and to explore some new trails and locations not knowing what my mileage would be.


Here is what the past week looked like for me:

Monday: Jasyoga - Hip Strength/Stability, 5 minute back reset
Tuesday: 3 mile run
Wednesday: Jasyoga - Train Your Core, 5 minute hamstring reset
Thursday: 4 mile run
Friday: 3 mile run, 20 min Iron Strength Core blast workout
Saturday: 5.3 mile run, Jasyoga - Low back love
Sunday:  7 mile run, Jasyoga - Cool It

My core is definitely feeling it from all the cross training this week, but I am pretty sure that is a good sign I need the strength training.

October also came and went and my mileage was 86 miles which is pretty solid for a "recovery" month. October was a celebration of months of training for the Chicago Marathon, and has also been a source of peace and exploration as I have run in some of the most beautiful fall weather and scenery.

oh look, a new trail!
So what is next for me? I signed up for the F^3 Lake Half Marathon in January which might seem a little crazy, but it is just the thing to keep me moving as the weather gets colder. To help train for the race, I am starting Hansons 8 week Base Building custom plan tomorrow in order to maintain the fitness I built from marathon training. While it would be great to try to PR this half, I am realistic and know the weather in January could be just about anything - hot, cold, snowy, windy. My main goals for the race are to have fun and mostly to keep up my fitness throughout the holidays. I will continue to report back every week on the base building plan to share my thoughts on how training is going.

And if you haven't already, please vote on Tuesday!

VOTE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Running 2016

McMillan Running 50k Plan Review

I Will Always Have Running