Trail Tuesday 2/7

This week's Trail Tuesday will be a bit of a deviation from the norm. This past week I was in Austin and visited one of my favorite places, Jester King Brewery. It may seem odd to feature a brewery on a post about trails, but the connection this place has to it's land is uniquely amazing.




This brewery is a true farmhouse brewery. It is located in the middle of the Texas Hill country on a large farm. The entire "experience" when you visit Jester King is the land and the peacefulness and beauty that comes being outdoors. Upon taking a tour, I found out that many of the beers are fermented by opening the windows in the farmhouse and letting in the Texas air. The bacteria from the air truly makes the beer, and when you drink it, you truly are letting a part of the farm into yourself.

When I am at Jester King, I feel like I am in a happy place and time. Spending so much time outdoors enjoying the atmosphere really brings peace to my heart, and for that reason, it is featured this week instead of a traditional trail.


Add caption



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Running 2016

McMillan Running 50k Plan Review

I Will Always Have Running