Trail Tuesday 4/18

In honor of upcoming Earth Day, and my first ultramarathon, this week's Trail Tuesday is going to be a love letter to my first and favorite trail, Greene Valley.

Greene Valley:

You were the first trail I ever ran on. The first time I ran on your path, I ran 3 miles continuously. That gave me the confidence to run my first 5k. After that first run, all I ever wanted to do was run on your trails.



When I trained for my first half marathon, it was your trails that I trained on. I remember the first time I ventured off to another trail head and ran beyond the farthest distance I had ever run. I felt amazing!


I have seen you in all four seasons, after rain and snow storms. I know every twist of the path, and how amazing it feels to run downhill at top speed. You have offered me shelter from the hottest summer heat, and some crazy rainstorms.



I've experienced many highs and lows on your paths. I remember having to work on a Saturday in the midst of a hellish work project, and all I could think about was running away on your trails (which I did!) for just a little bit. You've seen some of my favorite runs, and some hard ones where I've had to walk miles back to my car.


Animals have stalked me, I've run as the sun was setting and I was afraid I would be stuck in the dark, and seen my share of weird people. These always make the best stories.


Thanks for giving me a love of the trails and helping me find my place as a runner!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Running 2016

McMillan Running 50k Plan Review

GRT 50k Training Week 15