What I'm Wearing - Summer Edition

Summer is my least favorite season for running. I'm sure that most would say that winter is their least favorite, but honestly, I like winter. You can put as many layers as needed on, but with summer running, there is only so much you can take off. I've tried a lot of styles over the years, and thankfully summer styles have improved a lot. I've rounded up my favorite hot weather styles that have gotten me through some very steamy weather.



Tanks
  • Oiselle Flyout tank: My love of the flyout material is no secret, so it shouldn't come as surprise that my favorite running tank of the summer is the flyout tank. If you are a serious sweater, you will love the polartec material that wicks sweat and dries quickly. This tank is hard to pin down due to it's popularity, but if you'll be happy you can find it. I wore this in the hot Vegas heat and on some really humid summer runs, and I'm never disappointed.

Flyout tank in the desert
  • Oiselle Kabuki tank: This tank was a nice surprise. I liked the cute design with the keyhole back and jacquard print, but never expected to find it as flattering and comfortable as it is. The material is not clingy and floats away from your body in an almost a-line style, and wicks sweat very well. I also wore this in the desert and enjoyed the extra air flow from the keyhole back and breathable material. 
Kabuki tank
  • Oiselle Ziggy Tank: I am a fan of anything Mio Mesh, so I knew I had to get this tank. Similar to other mesh tanks, it is great for hot weather running. While I do find the mesh doesn't wick sweat as well as other tanks, it is fantastic for being super breathable and light. I love that it feels like I'm not wearing a shirt, yet I am still covered. 
Mio Mesh
  • Oiselle Sarah Attar Tank: Not only is this tank beautiful, with amazing photography by Sarah Attar, but it is so soft and light-weight. It feels like you are wearing nothing, yet the tank is very flattering and hugs you with the super soft fabric. It is a go-to for me on days when I need a little extra motivation to run, and I love the trail inspired photos. It also sits well under a hydration pack and provides extra coverage against chafing.
Sarah Attar Tank

Bottoms
  • Oiselle Flyout Shorts: I love these shorts. After trying many Oiselle styles and only really finding the long Roga shorts to be the best for me, these shorts appeared. While I wish for larger pockets, I love just about everything else that these shorts have to offer - the split-hem, the relaxed fit, the two rear pockets, and the overall fit for athletic legs. This is a short for women who have thighs and want them to move freely. While I do need to double up on the anti-chafe when I wear these, I love that they float away from the body and don't bunch up. If I can wear them through a 50k, I am pretty confident they will hold up through anything.
Flyout shorts for the win!
  • Athleta Ready Set Go Shorts: The main draw to these shorts were the pockets, and the length. I was not disappointed with either. The two deep side pockets fit a large smartphone and other necessities, while the 4 inch inseam still provides great coverage. I like the wide waistband on the shorts and found these to hold up during hot runs extremely well.
Accessories
  • Nathan VaporHowe Hydration Pack: I bought this pack because I wanted something a bit lighter and more breathable. This fit the bill. I like the fit as it is more of a "vest" than a pack, and it is much lighter than my previous pack. The wide sizing range means you can really find your best fit without having to stick to a generic S,M,L sizing structure. The back is ventilated to let more air in, and I find that the sweat wicks much better as well. While this pack doesn't come with a reservoir, one can be purchased if you will need more water. Otherwise, the two front flasks sit nicely, and the extra pockets are great for storing all your other essentials.
Nathan VaporHowe over Flyout tank
  • Ultimate Direction Fastdraw 600 Handheld: I wanted a handheld that would hold my smartphone, and this one is big enough for a Galaxy edge. While I do find that it is quite heavy to hold when full (and with a smartphone), it is large enough to get you through a half marathon without having to refill. The pocket is nice and large even if you don't want to carry your phone, and while I would prefer it to fasten on the hand so that it is more a "grip" instead of "attached", I like this one quite a bit. 
  • Trucker Hats: With all of the hiking and camping I've done this summer, I've found myself wearing trucker hats more than ever. Even when you haven't showered in days or are sweating profusely, you can still manage to look good. Oiselle has a few awesome truckers to choose from, but I'll always love my Picky Bars trucker too.
Picky Bars trucker

As always, these opinions are my own and are based upon what I wear when I run. While I do run as part of the Oiselle team, I choose to wear their brand of clothes because simply, they are often the best!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McMillan Running 50k Plan Review

Year of Running 2016

Miles vs Time