Top #RunLove Moments

In honor of Valentine's day, I bring you my top #RunLove moments of the past year.

1. Finishing the 2017 Chicago Marathon with a new PR, and raising over $1,700 for PAWS Chicago


2. Meeting Scott Jurek. There are a lot of people I admire, and he tops the list. It was such an important day to be able to talk to him, and he gave me great advice for strengthening my ankles



3. Finishing the Naperville Trails Half Marathon with a new PR...when I wasn't even trying for one


4. Finishing my first 50k. While I didn't "love" the experience, I love what it taught me - that the ultrarunning community is full of the kindest and most inspiring people I will have ever met


5. That time I came upon my bird, up close and personal


6. Global Running Day. I've run with these teammates many times since then, but this was the event that first brought most of us together


7. Fall Running. Enough said

8. Ragnar Trail Relay. This challenged me more more than I expected, brought me up close and personal with a fear of running through the woods at 3:30 a.m., and was so much fun!


9. The first snow run on Christmas Eve where I happened up on the swans


10. Watching friends accomplish their goals. Whether it was tracking their first 50k's, watching her finish her first marathon or a 50 mile race, I have so much love for my friends who continue to challenge themselves to do amazing things







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Running 2016

McMillan Running 50k Plan Review

I Will Always Have Running