What I'm Wearing - Spring Edition

Spring running is pretty similar to fall running, but rainier! Spring in the midwest means cool mornings, humidity, rain, wind, and warm afternoons. Thankfully most of the fall pieces you may already own transition well into spring.



Here are a few of my favorite spring pieces:

Crops/Shorts

  • Oiselle Pocket Joggers Capris: Pockets are one of the most requested additions to bottoms that Oiselle receives, and they listen! Hence, the pocket joggers were born and they are fantastic. These are great for mornings that are still a little cool, and you need a place to stash your gear during a run. The side pocket is large enough to fit my Samsung Edge, and there is little to no bounce for whatever is in the pocket. I was initially hesitant to buy these capris as I typically run in either pants or shorts, but these were a great investment. They have a higher rise, are flattering to all shapes and sizes, and stay in place during a run.
  • Oiselle Long Roga Shorts: Long Rogas are a staple for me. I own more of these shorts than any other style. The longer fit makes these a perfect spring transition piece, while still allowing your legs to move freely during a run. The main benefit to these shorts is the deep front pocket. The pocket is large enough to fit my phone, but has plenty of pocket room for other necessities like gels and a car key. I always wear these during a race because I can fit all that I need into the pockets. Endurance running is also made easier wearing these shorts, as chafing is basically eliminated due to the longer length of the shorts. They've held up during some of the wettest and hottest runs, and I recommend these shorts to anyone looking to try a pair of Oiselle shorts.
All you need in life are the long rogas, and a good beer

Shirts and Tanks

  • Oiselle Flyte Short Sleeve Shirt: This is an older style that I love. I have this shirt in two colors. The flyte material is by far one of my favorite Oiselle fabrics, so it should come as no surprise that I love the short sleeve top. The material wicks sweat better than most fabrics, and the seamlessness of the design means no chafing during longer runs. I have worn this under my hydration pack and it protected me well from any rubbing against the pack. It is flattering to all body types, and is perfect for days that are not quite warm enough for a tank. 
Flyte tank under hydration pack
  • Oiselle Lightning Layer: Right around the time I started morning running, Oiselle came out with this alternate version of a safety vest. If you are a morning runner, chances are you are still running the dark and need to be seen. I bought this layer and love it for days when I do not need a jacket, but would like extra visibility. Right now I layer it over another longer layer, but it will be great on it's own for summer running as well. I will note that the sizing is different on this, and depending on how you plan to wear it, you may want to size up or down. I sized up so that I could wear it over jackets and other tops, but if you plan to wear it alone, you could probably size down. I also love the pocket too! Any top that has a large pocket is a win in my book.
  • Oiselle Luxie Tank: Oh how I love this tank! Oiselle outdid itself when it created this tank out of the beautiful lux material. The tank drapes beautifully and is not clingy or form fitting. It is very breathable and wicks sweat well, while still providing some coverage from the sun. It is one of my go-to tanks right now, especially on longer runs because it feels so soft and comfortable on your body when you are pushing it to the max. I have also worn this under a light jacket for days where I needed the protection of a rain-proof layer, but wanted to remain cool underneath. If you buy one Oiselle piece this spring, it needs to be this tank!
Functional, and cute as hell!

Accessories
  • New Roga Cap: This is the hat for the rainiest of April weather...and I should know. I wore this during a 22 mile run in the rain. The brim protects your face from blowing rain, while still remaining breathable. Sweat is wicked away by the awesome roga material, and it is comfortable to wear during the longest of runs. While I find that I have a smaller head, this does seem to run a bit large, but it is easy to adjust for the best fit.
Roga hat in the rain

So there you have it. I recommend checking out my fall post for some great jacket and vest options that are perfect for spring. 

As with my other posts, these opinions are my own. While I run as part of the Oiselle team, I would never recommend items that I don't love and wear myself.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Running 2016

McMillan Running 50k Plan Review

I Will Always Have Running